Copyright © 2006-2014 Myzeez. All rights reserved
Back to wordpower page
Test Your English
Answers sent by email
Check the answer that best completes the sentence.
1. Mary ______________ apples.
a. loves b. love c. loving
2. The cable system in my city didn't _______ be owned by the city.
a. used to b. use to c. using
3.John and Jane _________ with their mother in the suburb.
a. lives b. live c. living
4. Many people dislike _______________ at night.
a. to work b. work c. working
5. Our flight takes off in half an hour, depending _______ the weather.
a. to b. on c. in
6. Black Beard and his men succeeded ____________ intercepting many of the Spanish convoys.
a. to b. on c. in
7. There is _________ milk in the tea.
a. too much b. too many c. only a few
8. ______ orange is a citrus fruit.
a. A b. An c. One
9. Each group of immigrants _________ to the United States from a different place.
a. come b. are coming c. has come
10. Last Sunday morning I _____________ in bed until after eleven o'clock.
a. lied b. lay c. laid
11. The company's sales have increased _ consequently, profits have also increased.
a. , b. ; c. !
12. I think she should ____________ a new notebook.
a. buys b. buy c. got
13. Social security will dwindle as the population _______.
a. will age b. ages c. is going to age
14. By the year 1025, human beings ___________________ on Mars.
a. will have been living b. will have lived c. will live
15. President J.F. Kennedy told Americans__________ what their country could do for
them, but rather what they could do for their country.
a. to not ask b. not ask c. not to ask
16. A: "Do you believe that people enjoy going to the beach?"
B: "I believe _____."
a. that b. so c. it
17. I wonder ________ or not it will rain today.
a. that b. when c. whether
18. The authorities asked the residents ______ their drinking water.
a. that they will boil b. to boil c. they boil
19. Wash those grapes _____ you eat them.
a. after b. before c. as
20. ____ grow almost everywhere.
a. The trees b. Trees c All that trees.
Innovative communication through the arts of language and music